Understanding how the content marketing movement will boost the potency of your efforts.
The marketing environment is changing. Easy access to information leads to the ability to quickly get to useful insight on any topic. Anytime. Anywhere.
For financial services marketing, adapting to this change will require a shift from the old method of ‘selling’ to the new paradigm of ‘helping’. The new paradigm allows marketers to efficiently tap into 3 powers. These are powers that would have required more expensive and time-intensive commitments under the old marketing methods. With the shift to content marketing, these powers become readily available to savvy financial services marketing professionals.
- The power of knowledge. A smart content marketing approach is the next best thing to putting a great salesperson in front of a prospect. Because a great salesperson understands that selling is all about helping. That means giving valuable knowledge. This makes it easy for a prospect to make a confident decision. Content marketing puts that knowledge at their fingertips.
- The power of generosity. Content marketing creates an aura of goodwill around your organization. By giving valuable knowledge generously, you build positive impressions of your brand. It is the type of sentiment that used to take extensive PR efforts to create.
- The power of sustainability. Every financial services marketing practitioner knows the power of marketing tools that maintain a lasting impression. Companies spend millions of dollars to promote a brand so it will have staying power. Content marketing naturally has sustainability. Clients and prospects will willingly access valuable information over and over. Additionally, they’ll pass it around. This creates the potential of your audience spreading and endorsing the content connected to your brand.
Savvy financial services marketing professionals continually look for ways to support strong, proof-based positioning for their organizations. Joining the content marketing movement can help you strengthen your effort. Not only will it help you deliver the proof, but it will also generate all the added benefits that can boost the power of everything you do.
- Content marketing leverages the shift from ‘selling’ prospects to ‘helping’ them.
- The approach helps financial services marketing professionals tap into three powers: the power of knowledge, the power of generosity, and the power of sustainability.
- A smart content marketing strategy supports a strong, proof-based position for an organization.